- “Rural Nevada Is At The Frontline Of Renewable Energy Development” • Greenlink Nevada is an NV Energy-led initiative that would put up power lines to transport renewable energy around Nevada. The proposal would have two main energy corridors supplying Las Vegas and Reno, along with three smaller transmission lines. [Sierra Nevada Ally]
- “HY4 Passenger Plane Sets Hydrogen Altitude Record” • H2FLY set a world altitude record with its four-seat HY4, as it is the first hydrogen-powered passenger aircraft to reach an altitude above 7,000 ft (2,135 m). This came less than a day after the HY4 made the first flight in a hydrogen-powered passenger aircraft between major European airports. [CleanTechnica]
- “China’s Renewable Energy Capacity Expands In Q1” • In the January-March period, China’s windpower capacity jumped 17.4% YOY to 340 GW, the National Energy Administration said. Solar farms saw capacity reach 320 GW, with an increase of 22.9%. By the end of March, the country’s total installed power generation capacity hit about 2,400 GW. [China.org]
- “Could Anglesey’s Tidal Energy Project Drive A New Energy Revolution?” • On the stunning and craggy coastline of Holy Island in north Wales, work has started on a construction project to generate energy from one of the world’s greatest untapped energy resources: tidal power. The tides at the site are among the highest in the world. [The Guardian]
- “Magic Mushrooms: Scientist Says Fungi Could Revolutionize Climate Change Fight” • Visit any forest, and you’re bound to see mushrooms growing alongside trees and other plants. These fungi can play an important part in the health of that ecosystem and its ability to fight climate change. Some fungi benefit the trees they are with. [FOX 11 Los Angeles]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.