- “Pressure Grows For Deal To Save Nature” • A global agreement to reverse the loss of nature and halt extinctions is inching closer, as talks in Geneva enter their final day. International negotiators are working on the text of a UN framework to safeguard nature ahead of a high-level summit in China. Observers slammed the “snail’s pace” of negotiations. [BBC]
- “What Is Biodiversity And How Are We Protecting It?” • World governments are meeting in China later this year, to discuss how to stop human activities from causing the extinction of animal and plant species. They hope to come up with a long-term plan to reverse the threat to life on Earth – in all its varieties – at the UN Biodiversity Conference. [BBC]
- “Starbucks Wants To Woo Electric Car Drivers With More EV Chargers” • Most of the time, EV owners don’t have to worry about charging – they plug in their car at home in the evening and wake up with it charged. But Starbucks sees an opportunity to bring in customers who have to charge their cars when they are on longer trips. [CleanTechnica]
- “Odin And GoFor Partnership Will Bring StreetScooter To North America” • Odin Automotive purchased the StreetScooter manufacturing rights from Deutsche Post last month. Now it says it will partner with GoFor, a delivery service that specializes in same day deliveries of large items, to bring StreetScooter electric vehicles to North America. [CleanTechnica]
- “Maersk And Einride Partner To Electric Semi Trucks To America” • Maersk is the world’s largest ocean freight company, with 738 ships. But Maersk doesn’t just drop cargo at ports and sail away. It also distributes it to freight terminals. It formed a partnership with Swedish startup Einride to add 300 electric trucks to its distribution fleet. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.