- “GE, Bond To Deliver Empire Wind 1 Onshore Substation” • GE and Bond Civil & Utility Construction have been awarded an engineering, procurement and construction contract to provide the onshore substation for the 816-MW Empire Wind 1 offshore wind farm off New York. The onshore substation will be built in Brooklyn, New York City. [reNews]
- “Romeo Power And Wrightspeed Debut ‘Powertrain In A Crate’ For Buses And Heavy Trucks” • Romeo Power and Wrightspeed are working on what they call a “Powertrain In A Crate,” which can be installed in an existing large vehicle. Their system is intended for transit buses and trucks of medium or heavy duty, according to Romeo. [CleanTechnica]
- “Volkswagen Plans $7 Billion Investment To Build Electric Cars In North America” • Volkswagen Group announced it will invest $7.1 billion to produce battery-electric cars in North America, and offer 25 new EV models to customers in the US, Mexico, and Canada by 2030. Its goal is for 55% of its cars to run on electricity by the beginning of the next decade. [CleanTechnica]
- “India Has Installed Renewable Energy Projects Of 152 GW Capacity” • India has installed 152.90 GW of renewable energy projects, according to RK Singh, Union energy minister. This includes 50.78 GW from solar, 46.52 GW from large hydropower, 40.13 GW from wind, 10.63 GW from bio-power, and 4.84 GW from small hydropower. [Down To Earth]
- “Governor Hochul Announces New York As Top Community Solar Market In The US” • Governor Kathy Hochul announced New York is the top community solar market in the US, with more than 1 GW of community solar installed and operational, enough to serve 209,000 homes. New York also has the largest pipeline of solar projects. [Governor Kathy Hochul]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.