- “Could The Energy Crisis Boost The Path To Renewables?” • The Oil & Gas price spike has reignited important conversations about the need to invest in alternative energy sources. Fossil fuels still provide around 85% of global energy and nearly half of the EU’s natural gas imports continue to come from Russia. Over-reliance on fossil fuels is not safe. [Energy Voice]
- “Airline Giant Delta Warns Oil Increases Mean Higher Ticket Prices” • Higher oil prices are set to lead to a 10% increase in air fares, according to Ed Bastian, head of Delta Air Lines. He told the BBC that the final impact “really depends where fuel prices settle.” Oil prices have reached 14-year highs after the Russian invasion of Ukraine. [BBC]
- “Which Gas Will Europe Import Now? The Choice Matters To The Climate” • A breakdown of emissions finds that transporting gas through Russian pipelines is three times as climate intensive as shipping it from the US. While LNG shipping accounts for 20% to 30% of transport emissions, pipeline transport dominates total shipping emissions. [CleanTechnica]
- “Audi Shows Off A6 Avant Concept For Wagon Lovers” • The Audi A6 Avant is a pre-production concept, but it is scheduled to appear in showrooms a year after the Audi A6 Sportback. It is “a completely tangible look at future production models on our new PPE technology platform,” says technical development chief Oliver Hoffmann. [CleanTechnica]
- “Acciona Completes 8.5-MW Spanish Solar Build” • Acciona Energia has completed an 8,500 kW solar plant as part of a green hydrogen project on the island of Mallorca. Spanish EPC outfit Colway Energia built the Lloseta PV plant for Acciona, which forms part of the Power to Green Hydrogen Mallorca project, led by Acciona Energia and Enagas. [reNews]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.