- “An ‘Excruciating Year’: Climate Activists Reset With Biden’s Agenda On Life Support” • President Joe Biden “was supposed to show up with Build Back Better in his back pocket and slam it down on the table and say, ‘China, India, how do you like them apples?'” Bill McKibben said. “But he showed up with nothing. And had nothing really to say.” [CNN]
- “Electrifying Trains, Planes, And Dirty Big Mining Trucks” • Twiggy Forrest has all the big boy toys, and he is planning to electrify them all and run them on green hydrogen and gravity. He plans to use Williams Advanced Engineering’s battery tech in a push to electrify Fortescue’s mining equipment – trains, planes, and dirty big mining trucks. [CleanTechnica]
- “NHTSA: Self-Driving Vehicles No Longer Need Human Controls” • The US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has issued final rules that eliminate the need for automated vehicle manufacturers to equip fully autonomous vehicles with manual driving controls to meet crash standards, Reuters reports. [CleanTechnica]
- “$130 Trillion Investor Coalition Commits To End Support For Corporates That Block Climate Action” • Unveiled on 14 March, the ‘Global Standard on Responsible Climate Lobbying’ has been developed by investor networks that collectively represent more than 3,800 members with more than $130 trillion (£866 billion) of assets under management. [Edie]
- “The Boreal Forest Is On The Move. Here’s What That Means For Our Climate” • Canada’s boreal forest isn’t exactly where you were taught it was. As the planet warms, areas farther north are becoming hospitable to coniferous trees. But the trees on the southern edge are dying out because conditions there are now too hot and dry for them to survive. [CTV News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.