- “Finland To Reevaluate Russian Rosatom Nuclear Reactor Project: PM” • Finland will reevaluate the security risks for a planned nuclear power reactor to be built by Rosatom, the Russian state-owned firm, following Russia’s actions in Ukraine, Prime Minister Sanna Marin said. The decision was proposed by the country’s defense ministry. [Daily Sabah]
- “Greenland’s Ice Is Melting From The Bottom Up, And Far Faster Than Previously Thought, Study Shows” • The ice sheet covering Greenland is melting rapidly at its base and is injecting far more water and ice into the ocean than had been understood, according to research. That could have serious ramifications for global sea level rise. [CNN]
- “Germany Halts Nord Stream 2 And Russia Responds With A Stark Warning” • Germany said it was halting certification of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline following Moscow’s actions in eastern Ukraine. Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, warned after Germany’s announcement that prices in Europe would skyrocket. [CNN]
- “43% Of Pickup Owners Are Considering Buying An Electric Truck” • Car Gurus creates surveys. In the last quarter of 2021, the company asked 1,026 pickup truck owners in the US about their plans for the future. 43% of those said they would consider buying an electric truck in the next 10 years. That’s up from 34% just one year ago. [CleanTechnica]
- “How To Get Renewable Energy Onto The Grid? Northfield Has An Idea” • A bill before the Minnesota legislature would use $4.5 million from the Renewable Development Account for a grant to Northfield to create a pilot project that would develop a distributed energy resource management system for the city’s electricity grid. [Minnesota House of Representatives]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.