Get Email Updates!

Concentration of CO2 in the Atmosphere

Castile Soap

Five Cool Uses for Castile Liquid Soap That You Might Not Know

Known for their mildness, Castile soaps were developed 300 years ago in “La Castilia” region of Spain by artisans that brewed natural liquid soaps from a mixture of olive and coconut oils and herbs. The master soap makers at Vermont Soap follow this tradition to make certified organic soaps that are all-natural and good for your skin. This all-purpose soap can be used for cleaning laundry, dishes, kitchen appliances, bathrooms, carpets, stains, woodwork, floors, and virtually any other water-safe surface. Most important, true castile liquid soaps are safe and effective to use on the hands and body.

Vermont Soap castile liquid soaps are made from renewable and organic vegetable and botanical ingredients including organic saponified (e.g., turned into natural soap) coconut, olive and jojoba oils, essential oils, organic aloe vera and rosemary extract. They are extraordinarily mild, hypoallergenic, USDA Certified Organic, free of artificial colors, fragrances and preservatives, and contain no sodium lauryl sulfate or other detergents or alcohols. Vermont Soap does not test on animals. Learn more at www.vermontsoap.com

Green Cleaning! – 5 Castile Liquid Soap Tips

Below are some creative tips for using castile liquid soaps. For general cleaning, castile liquid soaps work best in warm or hot water. Use different dilutions for different solutions!

Reusable Cleaning Wipes – While we love the idea and the convenience of disinfecting wipes, we hate the waste and the chemicals used. That’s why we like to make our own! Here’s how: Mix one cup water and 1/8 cup of your favorite castile liquid soap in a quart mason jar. Try Peppermint Magic, Lemongrass Zen or Sweet Orange for kitchen wipes; Country Lavender, Tea Tree or Pine Woods for bathroom wipes! For the wipes, either buy some cotton dishcloths or use an old t-shirt cut into wipe-sized pieces. Place eight to10 wipes in the jar and secure the lid. Turn the jar upside-down a couple of times to soak the rags. You’re all set! Take a rag out whenever you need to clean up your counter space and simply toss the used wipe into your laundry.

Tub Scrub – Say goodbye to all of those nasty bathtub cleaners! Place ½ cup of Tea Tree or Country Lavender castile liquid soap (best options for natural disinfection!) into a medium sized bowl. Slowly add up to 1½ cups baking soda and mix until the consistency of cake frosting. Keep in an airtight three-cup jar or repurposed squeeze bottle and get to scrubbing! Make sure to rinse your tub thoroughly afterwards. Also works well in sinks and on faucets. If the mixture starts to dry out, add a little water and stir it in to bring your tub scrub back to life.

Carpet Cleaner – You don’t need to turn to harsh chemical cleaners to remove tough carpet stains. Place ¼ cup of your favorite castile liquid soap with 1 cup of water in a blender. Mix until a stiff foam is created. Place mixture on the stain and scrub with a good brush. Wet a towel and wipe the area to remove as much of the soap and dirt as possible. Repeat as needed.

Shaving Soap – Commercial shaving creams are the worst. For smooth, happy skin use this instead! Combine ¼ cup of your favorite castile liquid soap, one cup of water, two tablespoons of olive, sweet almond, or grapeseed oil (whichever you have on hand or prefer) and place into an empty foamer bottle. Enjoy soft, smooth skin!

Ant Repellent – If you’ve got ants in your home, your first instinct might be to reach for a can of pesticide to get rid of them. Stop right there! Grab an empty spray bottle and make your own ant repellent! Fill a clean spray bottle 95% of the way with warm water. Add the remaining 5% of the way with your favorite castile liquid soap. Liberally spray wherever you’ve seen ants (or where you suspect they’re coming in) for several days in a row.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>