- “Bomb Cyclone With The Power Of A Hurricane Will Unleash Snow And Blizzard-Like Conditions This Weekend” • Confidence is growing that a winter storm with the intensity of a hurricane, snow measured in feet, and blizzard-like conditions will impact major cities in the Northeast this weekend. It is described as “a nor’easter with blockbuster potential. [CNN]
- “Climate Change: How Much Will It Cost? McKinsey Has The Answer” • McKinsey is one of the world’s largest consulting firms, identifying risks and advising clients how to deal with them. It has issued a report that attempts to put real numbers on the true cost of climate change. There is good news in the report, but to realize it, we have to act. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla expects 50% growth despite supply chain woes” • Tesla sales will grow by more than 50% in 2022 compared with last year despite supply chain problems, chief executive Elon Musk has said. The electric carmaker reported a record $5.5 billion profit last year. Sales at the firm rocketed 71% to $53.8 billion in 2021, as it delivered over 936,000 vehicles. [BBC]
- “Is Your Seafood Climate Friendly? Scientists Outline The Benefits Of Marine Aquaculture” • Writing in BioScience, Alice Jones of the University of Adelaide, and an international team of scientists from the University and The Nature Conservancy, discuss the potential of marine aquaculture to feed a growing human population sustainably. [Newswise]
- “Climate Change Is Coming For Our Coffee” • Bad news for coffee lovers: Climate change will make it much harder to grow Arabica coffee in the coming years, according to a study that appeared in the scientific journal Plos One. The study used several global climate models to examine how conditions will change for growing coffee by 2050. [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.