- “Biden Administration Announces Its First Offshore Wind Auction, With More To Come” • The White House unveiled several government initiatives to bolster US offshore wind production, streamline a review of public lands for clean energy and implement power grid improvements as part of the recently passed bipartisan infrastructure law. [CNN]
- “How To Grow US Offshore Wind Power” • The US DOE is releasing a report that outlines regional and national strategies to accelerate US offshore wind deployment and operation. By implementing the strategies discussed in the report, the country achieve the interagency goal to deploy 30 GW of offshore wind by 2030. [CleanTechnica]
- “Happy Hours: Energy Storage Could Support The Grid Every Hour Of The Day, All Year Long” • The National Renewable Energy Laboratory modeled grid operations in high-storage power systems down to the hour in the latest phase of the Storage Futures Study. This is to help grid operators understand how to use energy storage of the future. [CleanTechnica]
- “Debunking Three Myths About Renewable Energy And The Grid” • As wind and solar power have become far cheaper, and their share of electricity generation grows, skeptics of these technologies are propagating several myths about renewable energy and the electrical grid. Here, we take a look at why their message is simply wrong. [GreenBiz]
- “Vedanta Aluminium Is India’s Largest Industrial Consumer Of Renewable Energy” • Vedanta Aluminium Business, Indias largest producer of aluminium and value-added products, has become the biggest industrial consumer of renewable energy in 2021. The company is powering an aluminum smelter entirely with renewable energy. [Daijiworld]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.