- “US Seeks To Boost Oil Royalties To Account For Climate Change” • The Biden administration issued a long-awaited blueprint for overhauling oil and gas development on federal lands. The Interior Department report recommends higher fees and more limits on federal oil and gas leasing to better account for climate change. [World Oil]
- “TotalEnergies Launches Its Largest Solar Power Plant In France” • TotalEnergies has launched its largest PV solar power plant in France, with a capacity of 55 MW. The solar farm is northeast of Gien (Loiret) and has 126,000 PV panels spread out over 75 hectares (185 acres). The plant will produce around 64 GWh per year. [MarketWatch]
- “Tesla’s Business Model Has Created Disruptive Growth” • Tesla, best known for its EVs, has disrupted a legacy industry with a new business model and consumer approach. In mid-2016, under CEO Elon Musk’s leadership, Tesla adapted a corporate mission “to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.” It has evolved since then. [CleanTechnica]
- “Researchers Try Producing Potato Resistant To Climate Change” • University of Maine researchers are trying to produce potatoes that can better withstand warming temperatures as the climate changes. Warmer temperatures and an extended growing season can lead to quality problems and disease, according to a professor of crop ecology and management. [Phys.org]
- “Musk Says ‘No Thanks’ To German Battery Factory Subsidy For Tesla” • Early in 2021, the German government announced a program to subsidize battery factories. Tesla applied to the program, but has recently withdrawn its application. The reason for this may be partly based on Tesla pursuing other options that would render it ineligible. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Leave a Reply