- “Solar PV And PV+Storage Costs Keep Dropping, New NREL Reports Show” • The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has released its annual cost breakdown of installed solar PV and battery storage systems. US Solar Photovoltaic System and Energy Storage Cost Benchmark: Q1 2021 details installed costs for PV systems as of the first quarter of 2021. [CleanTechnica]
- “COP26 Climate Deal Includes Historic Reference To Fossil Fuels But Doesn’t Meet The Urgency Of The Crisis” • Nearly 200 nations reached a climate agreement at COP26. It references the role of fossil fuels in the climate crisis for the first time. India made an 11th-hour objection, however, that watered down the language about reducing the use of coal. [CNN]
- “What Is COP26 And What Has Been Agreed At Glasgow Climate Conference?” • Extreme weather events linked to climate change are intensifying. The past decade was the warmest on record and governments agree urgent collective action is needed. COP26 was the latest of a series of meetings on what to do about it. Here are some things agreed on. [BBC]
- “Delta Boss Says Climate Change Means Flying Will Cost More” • Delta Air Lines chief executive Ed Bastian told the BBC that tackling climate change will make flying more expensive. Atlanta-based Delta, the world’s second biggest airline, says that it spends $30 million per year on carbon-offsetting and has been carbon neutral since March 2020. [BBC]
- “XPRIZE & Musk Foundation Announce 23 XPRIZE Carbon Removal Student Award Winners” • Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk along with his foundation are funding the XPRIZE Carbon Removal competition, which is aimed at fighting climate change. XPRIZE announced that $5 million of that prize was been awarded to 23 student-led teams. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.