- “Clean Environment Is A Human Right, UN Council Agrees” • The UN’s main human rights body voted to recognize the right to a safe, clean, healthy, and sustainable environment as a human right. The the clean-environment resolution was passed with a vote of 43-0 while four member states – China, India, Japan and Russia – abstained. [The Guardian]
- “IN: Arctic Experts And Scientists – OUT: Unqualified Political Operatives” • The Arctic region is warming three times faster than the rest of the planet. The way the previous administration approach dealt with this to purge Arctic experts and deny the climate crisis. But recently, the Biden administration has taken important steps to repair the damage. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Energy Crisis Couldn’t Have Come At A Worse Time For Climate” • Chinese officials are ordering coal plants to ramp up production greatly. The EU is facing a revolt over its ambitious Green Deal on climate. US President Joe Biden is petitioning OPEC nations to boost oil production. Clearly, energy is taking priority over climate. [CNN]
- “The Far-Reaching Benefits Of Tiger Sharks For Climate” • Worldwide, shark populations are on the decline. Boosting their numbers could have a cascade effect to help sink carbon and make the oceans more resilient to climate change. Despite sharks’ notorious reputation among humans, they could also be a powerful ally in curbing climate change. [BBC]
- “Tesla Cybertruck Delayed Till End Of 2022, Semi 2023 – Lot Of Supply Chain Challenges” • Tesla has been quite supply limited this year and will be next year as well. That means chips, batteries, and more. As Elon put it, no matter how many more vehicle models the company was selling, it wouldn’t be able to deliver more units this year. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.