- “Volkswagen Bosses And Labor Chief Want Big Changes At Wolfsburg Factory” • Herbert Diess, the Volkswagen Group CEO, sees Tesla and a host of Chinese car companies in the rear-view mirror and moving up fast. Volkswagen risks falling behind the competition unless it makes big changes in its manufacturing facilities. [CleanTechnica]
- “First Electric Fire Truck In Australia” • It is only fitting that the nation’s capital receives the first electric fire truck. Canberra will take delivery of the million-dollar vehicle next year. It will be the fourth in operation in the world – there are two in Europe and there’s one in Los Angeles. The truck is being produced by the Rosenbauer company of Austria. [CleanTechnica]
- “CIP Installs First Jacket At 589-MW CFXDI” • Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners has installed the first foundation at its 589-MW Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) offshore wind complex in Taiwan. Boskalis-HC Offshore partnership Bowei put the jacket in place at the weekend using the Bokalift 1 vessel. [reNews]
- “Big Oil Is Going All-Out To Fight Climate Rules In Build Back Better” • America’s oil-and-gas industry is fighting scale back climate provisions in the President Joe Biden’s $3.5 trillion Build Back Better plan. “We’re leaving everything on the field here in terms of our opposition to anti-energy provisions,” the head of the American Petroleum Institute. [CNN]
- Vintage Porsche 912 Gets Tesla Upgrade” • A vintage Porsche 912 has gone electric with a Tesla Model S transplant, Green Car Reports reports. it was converted by Zelectric and was shown on Jay Leno’s Garage. Davide Bernardo and Trent Wonsley showed Leno how they converted the classic Porsche into a fully electric vehicle. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Have a memorably great day