- “Some Good News: Ten Countries Generate Almost 100% Renewable Electricity” • Sometimes it’s good to notice the small victories and celebrate them, and find ways to learn from them. Today’s small victory is that there are already ten countries in the world whose electric power generation comes from 97 to 100% renewable energy sources. [CleanTechnica]
- “Forecasters Predict One Of The Biggest Tidal Flood Events Of The Past Two Decades” • Over 20 million people are under alerts for coastal flooding, including the residents of Baltimore and Washington, DC, as a large and powerful low pressure system shifts from the central US toward the Northeast. Two to four feet of coastal flooding is likely. [CNN]
- “Pope Urges ‘Radical’ Climate Response In Exclusive BBC Message” • In a message recorded exclusively for the BBC, Pope Francis has called on world leaders meeting next week at the UN Climate conference in Glasgow to provide “effective responses” to the environment emergency and offer “concrete hope” to future generations. [BBC]
- “Oil Executives Testify About Climate Disinformation” • The heads of six oil companies and major lobbying groups have testified before the House Oversight Committee about climate disinformation and their organizations’ role in it. This article is a collection of reports relating to what the oil companies have done and said. [CNN]
- “Six bid for space at New Jersey wind port” • The New Jersey Economic Development Authority has received 16 non-binding offers from six bidders to become tenants at the New Jersey wind port from six of the largest turbine manufacturers and offshore wind developers in the world. The 16 offers will now be scored in the coming days. [reNews]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.