- “New Research Findings Showing That Renewables Are Poised To Crush Fossil Fuels In The Market” • Costs of renewables have fallen faster than expected. And deployment has been faster than predicted, reducing costs even further. With this virtuous cycle, we have come to a point that a rapid clean-energy transition is the least expensive path forward. [interest.co.nz]
- “Tesla Surpasses $1 Trillion Valuation After Hertz Order” • Tesla surpassed a market value of $1 trillion, after it struck a deal to sell 100,000 vehicles to the car rental firm Hertz, which drove shares up 12.6%. It is the fifth company to top $1 trillion, after Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google-owner Alphabet. Elon Musk’s Tesla shares are worth $230 billion. [BBC]
- “West Coast Slammed By Record-Breaking Bomb Cyclone” • The last installment of a parade of storms barreled into the West Coast on Sunday, unloading more heavy rain that resulted in serious flooding and debris flows across drought-stricken and wildfire-ravaged California. The storm even broke some all-time 24-hour precipitation records. [Yahoo News]
- “First Of Two Possible Nor’easters Poised To Drench NYC To Boston” • A powerful storm has formed off the Atlantic coast, and it is poised to bring miserable weather conditions to areas from the mid-Atlantic coast to New England over this week. Weather forecasters say it’s just the first of multiple storms that are taking aim at the Northeast. [AOL]
- “Egypt To Greece Subsea Cable To Deliver North African Renewable Energy to Europe” • Egypt is closer to becoming a regional electricity hub by clinching a deal with Greece to build the EU-backed EuroAfrica Interconnector subsea cable to transmit renewable energy from North Africa to Europe via Cyprus. [Journal of Petroleum Technology]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.