- “Florida Is Ditching Palm Trees To Fight The Climate Crisis” • When you think of Florida, beaches and palm trees come to mind. But what if those palm trees were slowly replaced with other trees? That could happen over time because of climate change, and communities in South Florida are trying to save the world from the climate crisis. [CNN]
- “Weather Whiplash: A Series Of Storms Could Ease California Drought, But Also Unleash Flood Hazards” • Parts of the West Coast will go from extreme drought to facing a series of bomb cyclones, and an atmospheric river. The Pacific Northwest and Northern California will have rains, flash floods, debris flows, and potential hurricane-force winds. [CNN]
- “Caltrain Pushes For Renewability With Electric Trains” • After a period of delayed funding, Caltrain’s electrification project is finally coming into place. Its mission is to transform all of Caltrain’s diesel trains into fully electric ones. The change will see benefits of quieter, faster, and less polluting train service, according to one employee. [Scot Scoop News]
- “Fox Weather Channel To Embrace Climate Change” • Fox Weather, a new 24-hour sister network of Fox News, will strongly embrace climate change as part of its coverage, multiple press reports say. “If you’re asking about climate change, climate change is part of our lives,” Sharri Berg, the Fox executive who will head the division, told Variety. [Newsmax]
- “The Bar For Climate Ambition Must Be Set By Science, Not Congressional Politics” • Precisely because the present emissions gap is so great, we cannot solely lean on the incredible progress enabled by leading states, localities, businesses, and individuals. To truly bend the curve, we need federal action – action, not spun words or justifications. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.