- “Instead Of A Coal Mine, This Alberta Mountain May Now Become A ‘Green Energy Complex'” • Montem Resources gave up a plan to develop an open-pit coal mine on Tent Mountain. It has a new proposal to use the mountain for pumped-hydro energy storage, powered by nearby wind turbines, along with a green hydrogen production facility. [CBC.ca]
- “Don’t Buy Another Gas Car!” • Maybe you normally let your cars run five years, ten years, or longer before you replace them. However, when the time comes to replace your car, don’t buy another gas car! The car companies are increasingly making EVs. Within 10 years, we will look on gas cars like we now look on film cameras and tube TVs. [CleanTechnica]
- “Study Shows Recycled Lithium Batteries As Good As Newly Mined Lithium Batteries” • There’s a new study out that found that recycled lithium-ion batteries are as good as and even better than new batteries made with newly mined materials. The study showed that recycled NMC111 cathodes actually are superior in both rate and cycle performance. [CleanTechnica]
- “Document Leak Reveals Nations Lobbying To Change Key Climate Report” • Leaked documents seen by BBC News show countries are trying to change a crucial scientific report on how to tackle climate change. Saudi Arabia, Japan and Australia are among countries asking the UN to play down the need to move rapidly away from fossil fuels. [BBC]
- “Grassley Calls On Biden To Support Renewable Energy Industry” • Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) called on President Biden to support renewable energy as green manufacturing jobs are now leaving Iowa. In a letter, Grassley asks the President to do everything in his power to ensure workers are not hurt by federal policies moving forward. [Senator Chuck Grassley]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.