- “Democrats Are Developing A Replacement For Cornerstone Climate Measure In Sweeping Economic ” • Sen Tina Smith of Minnesota affirmed that Democrats are creating a replacement for the clean electricity program in the economic package. The program will likely be dropped from the bill due to opposition from Sen Joe Manchin of West Virginia. [CNN]
- “Billionaires Beating The Government In Race To Net Zero ” • The Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net-Zero is now “collectively holding assets under management of a staggering $90 trillion to invest in alignment with a 1.5°C trajectory,” said the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis. Billionaires are not waiting for political leadership. [CleanTechnica]
- “Iberdrola Earmarks £6 Billion For UK Offshore Wind Hub” • Spanish utility Iberdrola will commit £6 billion to subsidiary ScottishPower’s 3-GW East Anglia Hub off the UK’s east coast. The funding is in addition to the £10 billion UK investment being made by Iberdrola between 2020-2025 to double its renewable generation capacity. [reNews]
- “What The Global Gas And Coal Crisis Means For Clean Energy” • Energy shortages and price spikes are roiling markets around the globe. This continued risk of supply disruptions and high prices for fossil fuels – which drive up electricity costs – are a signal to countries that it’s time to invest in clean and domestic energy resources. [CNN]
- “Equinor, BP Select Vestas 15-MW For Empire Wind 1&2” • BP and Equinor chose Vestas as the preferred turbine supplier of 15-MW units for the 2100-MW Empire Wind 1 and 2 offshore wind complex off the coast of the state of New York. Vestas will provide 138 V236-15.0MW turbines for the projects. Empire Wind 1 and 2 will be 24 km to 48 km off Long Island. [reNews]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.