- “World Could Save £20 Trillion On Energy Costs By Switching To Green Power” • Ditching fossil fuels and replacing them with renewable power globally would save nearly £20 trillion in the coming decades, a landmark report from Oxford University found. It overturns the common thinking that decarbonizing the global economy will be hugely expensive. [iNews]
- “Tesla US Sales Up 104% While US Auto Industry Down 22%” • The US auto industry has had a tough year. Third quarter sales for the industry were down 13 % since 2020 and 22% since 2019. But Tesla bucked the trend. Tesla sales in the US were up 67% compared to the 3rd quarter of 2020, and up 104% compared to the 3rd quarter of 2019. [CleanTechnica]
- “Florida Bill Aims To Switch To 100% Renewable Energy” • A bill proposed by Democratic lawmakers in Florida would require the state to generate its electricity from renewable sources. The bill include prohibiting drilling for oil, gas or other petroleum products and reducing statewide net zero carbon emissions to net-zero by 2050. [Florida Political Review]
- “A Future Of Extreme Drought And Brutal Storms Predicted By New Climate Modelling” • Two new climate modelling studies map how the world might experience climate change under warming scenarios of increasing severity. Predicting widespread instances of extreme drought and brutal storms, the findings are concerning. [The Weather Network]
- “You May Be Able To Book A Flying Taxi Within Three Years” • Two decades into the 21st Century, and the dreams of the creators of The Jetsons are closer than ever to becoming a reality. With the likes of Uber and Boeing developing eVTOL flying taxis, one report predicts that by 2040 there will be 430,000 such vehicles in operation around the world. [BBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.