Virtual press briefing
Thursday, September 30
Link to attend: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/
81091538914?pwd= Rm5pRi94R3RGRDRjNUN0SnFmUHN6Zz 09
WHAT: The Vermont Proposition is entering a new public phase. Learn about these next steps and progress since nearly 1,000 Vermonters attended the May Summit.
The briefing will:
- Introduce the newly appointed Future of Vermont Action Team, a diverse, dynamic group of 23 leaders from around the state that will be responsible for the non-partisan advocacy to advance the Proposition
- Summarize the updated Vermont Proposition
- Launch the Partnership for the Future of Vermont to drive this platform forward
WHO: Speakers are:VCRD staff
- Paul Costello, Moderator, VCRD Executive Director
- Jenna Koloski, VCRD Community and Policy Manager
- Brian Lowe, incoming VCRD Executive Director
A few members of the FoV Action Team
- Charlie Hancock, Action Team Chair, North Woods Resource Group, Chair Montgomery Selectboard
- Dan Smith, President, Vt Community Foundation
- Monique Priestley, The Space on Main and the Center for Women and Enterprise
- Don Turner, Milton Town Manager
Press will have an opportunity to ask questions following the presentation. Please include your media outlet in your Zoom name tag.
WHY: For 25 years the non-partisan Vermont Council on Rural Development (VCRD) has led conversations with Vermonters about their challenges, opportunities and dreams while helping them reinvigorate their communities and come together for statewide change. The Vermont Proposition reflects the ideas most often expressed to VCRD by thousands of Vermonters when they describe the future they want to work towards.
It captures the themes VCRD hears in towns across the state —renew our rural vitality, advance equity, fairness and opportunities for all, protect and enhance our environment and working landscape, and build the sustainable economy necessary for a thriving Vermont.
The Vermont Proposition is the foundation of VCRD’s Future of Vermont initiative– offering a platform to bring people together at a time when the undercurrents of divisiveness are so prevalent.READ MORE here.