- “Environmental Groups Ask Congress To Fund Billions Of Dollars In Climate Measures In Reconciliation” • As Democratic lawmakers begin crafting a $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation package, a coalition of prominent environmental groups is asking them to include between $577 billion and $746 billion for key climate provisions. [CNN]
- “Biden Administration Asks For Billions In ‘Urgent’ Disaster And Refugee Funding In Request To Keep The Government Running” • The Biden administration is asking for billions of dollars for “urgent” extreme weather recovery efforts and the resettlement of Afghan refugees in its proposal to keep the government funded past September 30. [CNN]
- “Invenergy, BW Offshore Unveil ScotWind Plans” • Invenergy and BW Offshore have announced a joint venture to develop up to 5,400 MW of offshore windpower as part of the first ScotWind leasing round. The joint venture will focus on developing both floating and fixed foundation offshore wind projects off the north east coast of Scotland. [reNEWS]
- “BMW Ups Battery Cell Orders, Plans Recyclable Car For 2040” • BMW showed off its CirCular concept car, which it says is fully recyclable, at the Munich Motor Show. It also upped its orders for battery cells from €12 billion to €20 billion. The battery cells for its future EVs are expected to come from CATL, EVE Energy, SK Innovation, and Northvolt. [CleanTechnica]
- “Floating Solar Plus Wave Energy Smackdown For Fossil Fuels” • A new EU clean power project pairs floating solar with offshore wind turbines. If all goes according to plan, the waters of the EU will be peppered with wave conversion devices as well as floating solar panels. These technologies can co-use transmission lines with offshore wind farms. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.