- “Hybrid Power Plants And Flexibility – The Future Of The Grid” • Imagine an electric grid powered by clean energy. Now imagine that it has all the comfort and convenience consumers expect as well as grid reliability and resiliency services that are similar to or better than conventional plants. That is the promise of the FlexPower project. [CleanTechnica]
- “Ford Mustang Mach-E Sets 3 Guinness World Records In UK” • It is 1,407 km (874 miles) from John O’Groats at the northern tip of Scotland to Lands End, in Cornwall. A Ford Mustang Mach-E set a Guinness World Record for electric cars by averaging over 6.5 miles per kWh for that distance. The previous record, set by a Tesla, was 1.8 miles per kWh. [CleanTechnica]
- “‘India Can Produce 1,000 GW Solar Energy On 0.5% Of Land'” • In a talk to the International Climate Summit 2021, industrialist Mukesh Ambani outlined a roadmap for New Energy business, calling it the “next big value creation engine” for Reliance and India. He said Reliance Industries would “establish and enable” at least 100 GW of solar energy by 2030. [NDTV.com]
- “Will Hurricane Ida Cause A Spike In Covid-19?” • The fear is that the damage wrought by floods and winds will be made much worse by another scourge, the pandemic. Only a little over 40% of Louisiana’s population is fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and hospitals are already overburdened. Recovery from a major hurricane has complicated things greatly. [BBC]
- “Duke Energy Can Save Billions Of Dollars Replacing Coal With More Renewables” • A report contends that by shifting to mostly solar, wind, and battery power to replace coal in meeting its Carolinas generation needs, Duke Energy Corp could cut carbon emissions 74% and save a total of $1.1 billion in generation costs by 2030. [The Business Journals]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.