- “Wind Energy Can Deliver A Vital Reduction To Global Warming” • Implementing advance wind energy scenarios could greatly reduce the growth in average atmospheric temperatures of global warming. The reduction would be of 0.3°C to 0.8°C by the end of the century, according to a report by researchers at Cornell University. [Newswise]
- “Air Pollution: Even Worse Than We Thought – WHO” • Air pollution is even more dangerous than previously thought, the World Health Organization warned, as it reduces maximum safe levels of key pollutants such nitrogen dioxide. The WHO said an estimated seven million people die prematurely each year from diseases linked to air pollution. [BBC]
- “British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Says The World Needs To ‘Grow Up’ And Deal With Climate Change” • Humanity needs to “grow up” and deal with the issue of climate change, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson told world leaders at the UN General Assembly in New York. Johnson slammed the world’s inadequate response to the climate crisis. [CNN]
- “Entergy Makes $11 Billion A Year But Failed To Protect Louisiana’s Power Grid During Ida – And Why” • Louisiana needs to embrace building microgrids and more distributed energy. However, Entergy is opposed to distributed energy, local renewable energy, and energy storage. In essence, it’s all about greed, money, and profits. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla Breaks Ground On Its First Megafactory For Megapacks” • The reported ground-breaking for the new Megafactory is great news for Tesla and its energy customers, as Megapacks are in high demand. Once Tesla is able to mass-produce Megapacks at a faster clip, we could see Tesla Energy become just as successful as its automotive side. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.