- “Blue Food Revolution Can Help Solve Climate Change, Malnutrition And Economic Crisis: Study” • Research shows how aquatic food sectors can play a vital role in providing healthy diets and a more sustainable, equitable, and resilient food system across the globe. The proceedings of the study were published in the journal Nature. [Republic World]
- “In Canada And Germany, The Climate Crisis Is Finally On The Ballot. But Can It Win?” • Climate change rarely makes or breaks an election. But the tide appears to be turning. The climate crisis is finally on the ballot. In Canada and Germany, it has become an important issue, and political parties supporting climate action are gaining strength. [CNN]
- “Rolls-Royce Electric Airplane Takes Flight” • Rolls-Royce Aerospace has been a leader in developing electric propulsion systems for airplanes in order to help lead the world forward into a future of zero-emissions flight. The company has been working on the fastest electric airplane, able to fly at over 300 mph. Now they have flown it. [CleanTechnica]
- “CarMax Survey Finds 56% Of Car Owners Likely To Buy An EV Or Hybrid Next” • CarMax, one of the largest US car sellers, did a survey to find out what people think of eco-friendly cars. In a survey of 1,049 current car owners, 56% of respondents said they intend to purchase either a hybrid or electric car the next time they buy a car. [CleanTechnica]
- “GM Tells Bolt Owners To Park 50 Feet Away From Other Cars, Extends EV Production Halt” • General Motors told some Chevy Bolt owners to park 50 feet away from other cars so they won’t be at risk if a spontaneous fire breaks out, Bloomberg reported. GM has recalled around 142,000 Bolts sold since 2016 because the batteries can catch on fire. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.