- “How Investors, And Everybody, Should Think About Climate Change” • Companies that don’t make a transition to deal with climate change risk falling behind or having their business models usurped. For example, consider the $5.8 trillion global insurance industry and the upheaval that climate change is creating there. [Yahoo Finance]
- “Agora CO₂-Based Redox Battery Wins Global Deeptech Competitions And Has 1 Year ROI” • Agora Energy Technologies has a flow battery that is revolutionary, and has won some well deserved awards. It is based on the chemistry of CO₂, which it captures aggressively in an open-loop system and renders into commercially useful chemicals. [CleanTechnica]
- “Activists Call It A ‘False Solution.’ But UN Scientists Say We Need To Suck Up CO₂” • Avoiding climate catastrophe at this point will require removing carbon from the atmosphere. But IPCC report makes clear that averting catastrophe now will require us to develop measurable, surefire ways to suck CO₂ from the air and return it to the ground. [HuffPost]
- “Argonne Study On Costs And Benefits Of New Transportation Technologies The Most Comprehensive To Date” • An study from Argonne National Laboratory offers the most complete understanding yet of the costs of owning and operating a vehicle and how those costs vary by powertrain, from the conventional to the cutting-edge. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla Model S Plaid Is Ready To Race In Mt Washington Hillclimb Today!” • Before today, no electric car had ever raced in the Mt Washington Hillclimb. Today, two electric cars are racing up the highest peak in the Northeast. One is a modified EV, and one is stock. Eighty cars are racing in the event, which covers 7.6 miles of road. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.