- “Powering Rural Economic Development With Renewables” • Electric cooperatives loom large in conversations about the US energy system’s past, present, and future, despite the fact that they serve only 13% of US electricity load. Importantly, they may have difficulties replacing their aging coal fleets with less costly wind and solar projects. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Largest Fire In The US Continues To Defy Crews’ Efforts To Tame It. And The Weather Isn’t Helping” • Despite the efforts of firefighters battling the Bootleg Fire, the raging flames of the nation’s largest wildfire continued to spread in southern Oregon as officials declared weather warnings in the area. The fire is currently 46% contained. [CNN]
- “Mercedes Teases EQXX With 1,000 Kilometers Of Range” • A lot of talk today is about efficient powertrains for battery electric cars. Most new EVs have a range of about 250 miles. Some can go 300+ miles without charging. A few can even go 400 miles. But now Mercedes says it is workig on the EQXX, which might have a range of 1,000 km (621 miles). [CleanTechnica]
- “IOCL To Build India’s First Green Hydrogen Plant At Mathura Refinery” • Indian Oil Corporation Limited announced that it will set up India’s first ‘Green Hydrogen’ plant at a refinery in Uttar Pradesh, to strengthen its clean energy offerings. Hydrogen has become the focus area across the globe to satisfy increasing energy needs. [Hindustan Times Auto News]
- “Calpine And GE Bring An Energy Storage Project Online In Southern California” • Calpine and GE Renewable Energy have completed the Santa Ana Storage Project in southern California. The project contains a 20-MW / 80-MWh standalone battery energy storage system that uses GE’s Reservoir energy storage technology. [pv magazine USA]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.