- “Scientists Predict More Extreme Weather Events In Future” • Over 100 people are dead and many more are reported missing after deadly floods swept large parts of western Germany. Such devastating floods have not been seen in decades. Meteorologists warn, however, that extreme weather events are likely to become much more familiar in future. [DW]
- “Eviation Rolls Out 100% Electric Airplane Alice’s Production Version” • A production version of Eviation’s Alice electric plane has been finalized. Eviation is approaching the runway! Its first flight is planned for this year, and the goal remains to deliver the first customer planes in 2022. Electric planes can cut the cost of flying planes by 90%. [CleanTechnica]
- “American Airlines Commits To Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets By 2035” • American Airlines announced that it is the first North American carrier to seek validation from the Science Based Targets initiative, a collaboration that includes CDP, the United Nations Global Compact, World Resources Institute, and the World Wide Fund for Nature. [Simple Flying]
- “Green Transport Can Only Succeed With A Greener Grid” • To decarbonize the UK’s roads, railways, and flight paths, more clean energy is needed. Senior energy industry sources warned that the UK’s ambitious targets to drive down carbon emissions from the transport sector will require an acceleration of green investment in the energy system. [The Guardian]
- “LG Electronics To Transition To 100% Renewable By 2050” • LG Electronics said it will shift to renewable energy for 100% of its needs by 2050. Its had previous pledged to go carbon neutral by 2030. LG said the transition will begin at its North American headquarters in Englewood, New Jersey, which will run on 100% renewables by year’s end. [The Korea Herald]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.