- “Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Hits Highest Level In Over 4 Million Years” • NOAA released data showing atmospheric CO₂ reached a monthly average level of 419 ppm in May. This is not just the highest reading recorded since accurate measurements began 63 years ago. It is the highest level the planet has seen in over four million years. [Alaska Native News]
- “Electrification Is ‘Cheapest Way To Hit Net Zero’” • A report from the European Technology and Innovation Platform on Wind and WindEurope says the most cost-effective way to decarbonize the EU economy is electrification. It says a future net-zero system will “cost no more as a share of GDP than energy system costs today: 10.6% of GDP.” [reNEWS]
- “US Interior Department To Explore Offshore Wind Potential In The Gulf Of Mexico” • The Interior Department announced a plan to assess opportunities in the Outer Continental Shelf of the Gulf of Mexico. This is part of the Biden-Harris administration’s goal to deploy 30 GW of offshore windpower by 2030, creating thousands of jobs. [CleanTechnica]
- “Take A Look At The Maverick, Ford’s New $20,000 Hybrid Pickup” • Ford Motor Company has taken the wraps off of its first brand-new pickup in decades: the Maverick. Starting at just below $20,000, the compact pickup will be the cheapest truck available in the US and by far one of the smallest when it goes on sale this fall. [Yahoo]
- “USA Is Violating Treaties With The Anishinaabe People By Allowing Pipeline Line 3 To Be Built And Arresting Indigenous Protesters On Their Own Lands” • Crude oil pipeline “Line 3” has a number of issues. It would damage not only our climate, water, and land. But it is also a violation of the Indigenous treaty rights of the Anishinaabe people. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.