- “Rivian Selects Underwriters For IPO That Could Reach A $70 Billion Valuation” • Electric pickup maker Rivian will be working with Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, and Goldman Sachs Group on their IPO, according to Bloomberg. Inside sources have said that Rivian could be seeking a valuation of about $70 billion when it goes public. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Administration To Suspend Oil And Gas Drilling Leases In Arctic Refuge, Undoing A Trump-Era Decision” • The Biden administration plans to suspend oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, according to a senior administration official. This will undo a move the Trump administration made late last year. [CNN]
- “Ørsted And Eversource Charter Dominion Wind Turbine Installation Vessel” • Ørsted and Eversource have contracted Dominion Energy’s wind turbine installation vessel Charybdis for the construction of two planned offshore wind farms in the Northeast. The Charybdis is expected to be deployed from New London, Connecticut, in 2023. [Offshore Mag]
- “Tesla Powerpacks Will Help A Hospital In Haiti Serve Its Patients” • Tesla Powerpacks will be used in a hospital in Haiti to provide reliable and renewable energy, Tesmanian reports. World Hope International, working with the Wesleyan Mission in Haiti, aims to make healthcare at a critical hospital more reliable and sustainable. [CleanTechnica]
- “SEIA Joins Lawsuit To Roll Back FERC’s Latest PURPA Rules” • The Solar Energy Industries Association and other petitioners have challenged in federal court a Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s rulemaking for the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 that they said “effectively guts” the law’s implementation. [pv magazine USA]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.