- “Tech Firms Use Remote Monitoring To Help Honey Bees” • Hit by a deadly parasitic mite, pesticides, and climate change, a survey showed that between April 2019 and 2020 43.7% of US bee hives were lost. An Irish business, ApisProtect, makes wireless in-hive sensors that transmit data to website-based software so bee keepers know what hives need intervention. [BBC]
- “G7 Leaders Share A Bold Vision For A Net Zero Future. But The Devil Is In The Lack Of Detail” • There was some concrete progress earlier in the summit from G7 ministers, and a vision laid out by leaders for a net zero world that would take a green approach to everything. But the final communiqué was lacking details the experts had hope for. [CNN]
- “US Assessing Reported Leak At Chinese Nuclear Power Facility” • The US government spent the past week assessing a report of a leak at a Chinese nuclear plant, after a French company that part owns and helps operate it warned of an “imminent radiological threat,” according to US officials and documents reviewed by CNN. [CNN Philippines]
- “Mocean Blue X Wave Device Put To The Test” • Mocean Energy started testing its Blue X wave energy prototype at the European Marine Energy Centre in Orkney, Scotland. Later this summer, it will be moved to a grid connected wave test site at Billia Croo on the west coast of Orkney, where it will be tested in rougher full sea conditions. [reNEWS]
- “Solar And Wind Power Were 99.7% Of New US Electricity Capacity In 1st Quarter Of 2021” • Not including rooftop solar power, solar PV accounted for 36.5% of new US capacity in the first quarter of 2021. Another 63.2% of new capacity came from new wind power plants. Those two combine for 99.7% of new US power capacity. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Leave a Reply