- “Biden Administration Starts To Restore Protections For Alaska’s Tongass National Forest” • In welcome news for Native tribes, the climate, wildlife, and local businesses, a much-needed process to reinstate critical protections for the Tongass National Forest has begun, reversing one of Trump’s many environmental rollbacks. [CleanTechnica]
- “Video: Electric Ferrari Drag Race: Tesla Power Vs 12 Mighty Cylinders” • Pity Ferraris are objectively terrible by the standards of today … if only there were some way to make a classic Ferrari somehow relevant again. How about an original Ferrari 308 GT with a Tesla drive train in it? Race that against a 390 hp Ferrari to see how well that works. [CleanTechnica]
- “Four Nuclear Reactors’ Worth Of Renewable Electricity Wasted In Southwest Japan” • There have been frequent cases in Japan’s Kyushu region where the electricity generated from renewable energy sources, such as solar power, has gone unused. On some days, the capacity wasted is the equivalent of four nuclear reactors. [The Mainichi]
- “Antarctica’s Pine Island Glacier Inching Towards Sea Collapse At Fast Rate” • Climate scientists are losing sleep over a critical Antarctica glacier that is moving towards the sea at a faster pace than ever before. The Pine Island glacier in West Antarctica has been losing its snow-mass at an extremely fast rate since 2017, 12% faster than it had before. [The Financial Express]
- “EPA To Reexamine Health Standards For Harmful Soot That Trump Administration Left Unchanged” • The EPA’s decision of December 2020 to leave particulate standards unchanged will be reconsidered. Scientific evidence indicates that current standards may not be adequate to protect public health and welfare, as the Clean Air Act requires. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.