- “Biodiversity And Climate Crises Demand Transformative Change” • A report shows that passing on a maximally livable planet to future generations requires a profound shift in how we look at nature and economic progress. We need to prioritize protecting and restoring nature and dismantle the economic systems driving carbon emissions. [CleanTechnica]
- “The World’s Quickest Car, Safest Car, And Most Powerful Computer On Wheels – Tesla Model S Plaid” • “The public tends to respond to precedents and superlatives,” Musk once said back in 2012, the year the original Tesla Model S was introduced. Now comes an overhaul, the Tesla Model S Plaid. It is the fastest production car made. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden-Harris Administration Proposes Competitive Lease Sale For Offshore Wind Development For New York And New Jersey” • In support of the Biden-Harris administration’s goal to install 30 GW of offshore wind energy by 2030, the Department of the Interior proposed sale of offshore wind leases for eight areas of the New York Bight. [CleanTechnica]
- “Resolutions Against Subsidies For Biomass Plants Coming Before Franklin County Voters” • A handful of towns in Franklin County, Massachusetts, are voicing their opposition to subsidies and incentives that the state may provide for biomass plants with resolutions that seek to protect the health of the environment and residents. [Greenfield Recorder]
- “Ending Offshore Drilling Is Key For Ocean And Climate” • The Biden administration has made huge strides on the climate. Now it should take one of the most important steps it can to protect the ocean, and those that depend on it, while further combating the climate crisis. It should stop all new oil and gas leasing permanently. [NRDC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.