- “Climate Change-Resistant Corals Could Provide Lifeline To Battered Reefs” • Corals that withstood a severe bleaching event and were transplanted to a different reef maintained their resilient qualities, according to a study that was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The finding offers hope for recovery of reefs. [ScienceDaily]
- “Rivian Deliveries Are To Begin In July, Test Drives In August, Equipment Upgrades And Changes” • Rivian announced that it is all set for deliveries to begin in July, and that all Launch Edition preorders will be in customers’ driveways by next summer. It also had news about standard equipment and upgrades that changed to benefit customers. [CleanTechnica]
- “Morocco’s Expertise In Renewable Energy Supports Sub-Saharan Development” • In Africa, the fast growth of social and economic developments calls for building a greener and more environmentally sustainable future across the region. Morocco’s expertise in renewable energy and existing efforts can support Sub-Saharan development. [Morocco World News]
- “NYC Lawmakers Aim To Block Natural Gas Use In New Buildings, Major Renovations” • Lawmakers in New York City introduced legislation that would essentially prohibit use of fossil fuels in new buildings and major renovations, marking a new step in the most populous US city’s effort to decarbonize its building stock. [S&P Global]
- “Electric Ford Mustang Mach-E Recreates Historic Ocean-To-Ocean Drive” • In 1909, a Model T Ford won the first coast-to-coast, transcontinental American road race. It took twenty-three days to cover 4,106 miles of road from New York to the Seattle World’s Fair. Last week, an all-electric Ford Mustang Mach-E recreated that historic drive. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.