- “Ford F-150 Lightning Gets 44,500+ Reservations In Under 48 Hours!” • Ford CEO Jim Farley has announced that Ford pulled in more than 44,500 reservations for the F-150 Lightning in fewer than 48 hours! I think that, by many standards, that’s a great achievement and an indication that the F-150 Lightning is doing exactly as it should. [CleanTechnica]
- “Reports: Tesla Has Over 1 Million Cybertruck Reservations” • A crowd-sourced reservation tracker shows that Tesla has a waitlist of over 1,000,000 Cybertruck orders, Drive Tesla Canada has reported. Wow! The article pointed out that reservations for the Cybertruck were being placed every two seconds during the weeks after its launch. [CleanTechnica]
- “Wind Power Sets New Record In The UK” • UK wind energy set a record on 21 May meeting almost two-thirds of electricity demand, according to preliminary data from National Grid ESO. Between 2:00 am and 3:00 am on 21 May, wind power met 62.5% of UK demand at 16.3 GW, National Grid ESO said. The previous record was set in August 2020. [reNEWS]
- “Can You Charge An Electric Car With A Regular Outlet? Hell Yes!” • Can you charge an electric car with a regular outlet? This is actually a very common question. Many people even skip past asking this question and assume the answer is “no.” And you don’t even need special hardware to do it, though having it makes charging faster. [CleanTechnica]
- “Luckless Lake Charles: Louisiana city battered by extreme weather – again” • Last week biblical rains again pounded Lake Charles, and residents could be forgiven for thinking they lived in the most unfortunate city in the US over the past 14 months. They had two hurricanes last summer, a long deep freeze last winter, and now a flood. [The Guardian]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.