- “Ford F-150 Lightning – One Big Shocker!” • $39,974! Yes, that’s just the base MSRP for a version of the truck with 230 miles of range, but that’s a shockingly low price for the entry Ford F-150 Lightning. I did not see a single person predicting the F-150 Lightning would come in at such a low price. But there is even more to say about this truck. [CleanTechnica]
- “Volocopter Unveils New 4-Seater EVTOL To Connect Suburbs To The City” • German eVTOL startup Volocopter has unveiled the VoloConnect. It differs from the existing VoloCity in a few key ways. While the VoloCity has a range of only 22 miles, the VoloConnect will have a range of around 60 miles. Also, the VoloConnect will have four seats. [CleanTechnica]
- “New UCS Research: Utilities’ Uneconomic Coal Use Is Being Called Out In 25 States” • Coal self-commitment is a practice of running coal plants when cheaper resources are available. The Union of Concerned Scientists found that 25 states have taken up substantial discussion of the practice as an issue in state public utility proceedings. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Waives US Sanctions On Russian Pipeline” • The Biden administration has waived sanctions on a company building a controversial gas pipeline between Russia and Germany. The move came in a report on Russian sanctions the Department of State delivered to Congress. It concludes that it is in the US national interest to waive the sanctions. [BBC]
- “Victorian Councils Commit To Renewable Energy Future” • In Australia, the Victorian Energy Collaboration will see 46 of Victoria’s 79 local councils powered by renewable energy. Red Energy, an offshoot of Snowy Hydro, signed an agreement to supply the councils with a combined 240 GWh of renewable energy each year until the end of 2030. [pv magazine Australia]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.