- “Three Texas Bills Under Fire By Investors” • The Lone Star State leads the nation in wind energy, and renewable energy investment continues to grow. However three Texas bills are under fire by renewable energy investors for the effect they will have on the industry. One state senator said they aim to penalize renewables for no reason. [KVII]
- “UK Commits To 78% Emissions Cut By 2035” • The UK Government is planning to set the world’s most ambitious climate change target into law to reduce emissions by 78% by 2035 compared to 1990 levels, it announced. The Carbon Budget will even incorporate the UK’s share of international aviation and shipping emissions. [reNEWS]
- “Coal Miners Join Climate Activists To Back Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan” • Coal country is in free fall and is pleading for help from Washington. That’s why the largest union in one of the dirtiest industries is broadly backing President Joe Biden’s $2 trillion green infrastructure package – adding their efforts to the support from climate activists. [CNN]
- “NYC Mayor Announces Step Forward Toward Purchase Of Large-Scale Renewable Electricity” • New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that New York City intends to partner with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority to pursue a joint large-scale purchase of electricity generated by renewable resources. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
- “Dalai Lama And One Hundred Other Nobel Prize Laureates Call For Fossil Fuels To Be Phased Out” • As the most powerful leaders of the world prepare to come together for the President Joe Biden’s virtual climate summit, the Dalai Lama and one hundred other Nobel Prize winners have a clear message for them: Keep fossil fuels in the ground. [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Leave a Reply