- “LG Energy And SK Innovation Settle, Promising To Work Together In Harmony” • With just hours left for the Biden administration to act on an US International Trade Commission ruling barring SK Innovation from building batteries in the US for 10 years, LG Energy Solution and SK Innovation agreed to settle their differences. [CleanTechnica]
- “Progress In US Initiatives To Demonstrate And Investigate Long-Duration Energy Storage Tech” • A zinc-air energy storage system offering 10 hours of storage is being trialed in a New York Power Authority project, and a DOD-funded investigation into flow batteries moved into a physical validation and evaluation phase in Colorado. [Energy Storage News]
- “Electric Drag Race: Kia EV6 GT Versus Lots Of ICE Supercars” • Kia recently revealed a new electric crossover called the EV6. While the car’s official specs were initially withheld, the company also released some staggering numbers – 500 km of range, 800V charging, and a claimed 3-second 0-60 MPH time. Remember, we’re talking about a Kia. [CleanTechnica]
- “Michael Mann Slams Murdoch Press For Its ‘Horrifying” Misinformation On Climate And Bushfires'” • A world-leading climate scientist told a senate hearing into Australian media diversity that the Murdoch press served as a “megaphone” for climate disinformation, aiding the agendas of Donald Trump and Scott Morrison. [Renew Economy]
- “Renewable Watts Up 36% On Same Time Last Year” • The total for utility-scale PV generation in Australia’s National Electricity Market for March 2021 is in. Rystad Energy’s Watts Generating report says large-scale PV generated 550 GWh in March of 2020, and this year solar farms cranked out 746 GWh of electricity, an increase of 36%. [pv magazine Australia]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.