- “The Real Reason Humans Are The Dominant Species” • From the time early humans first made fire to the fossil fuels that drove the industrial revolution, energy has played a central role in our development as a species. But the way we power our societies has also created humanity’s biggest challenge. It’s one that will take all our ingenuity to solve. [BBC]
- “Volkswagen ID.Buzz Delivery Timeline Update” • There are a lot of cool electric cars on the market, and more coming every day, but there is no electric car that generates as much buzz as the appropriately named ID.Buzz from Volkswagen. Why the furor? The ID.Buzz is rather like a VW Microbus for the EV generation. [CleanTechnica]
- “MIT Takes Deep Dive Into Dropping Lithium-Ion Battery Costs” • A research team at the MIT took a look into lithium-ion battery costs. In a paper published in the journal Energy and Environmental Science, they found that the cost of lithium-ion battery cells, relative to capacity, has fallen about 97% since their commercial introduction in 1991. [CleanTechnica]
- “GOP Lawmakers Want To Boost Coal And Colstrip – Not Renewable Power” • While coal-fired power production is on the decline nationally, Republican lawmakers in Montana are out to buck that trend, advancing an agenda this session to keep the two remaining Colstrip power units going and de-emphasize wind and solar power. [KTVH]
- “NIPSCO, EDP Renewables To Bring Wind Farm And Solar Park To Northwest Indiana” • EDP Renewables North America, LLC and Northern Indiana Public Service Company, LLC have executed a long-term Power Purchase Agreement and a Build & Transfer Agreement for a 204-MW wind farm and a 200-MW solar farm in Indiana. [The Chicago Crusader]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.