- “Battery-Powered Construction Equipment From Komatsu And Liebherr” • Electric bus manufacturer Proterra is joining forces with Komatsu to develop a line of medium size electric excavators. The combination makes use of Komatsu’s experience as a manufacturer of heavy equipment with Proterra’s expertise at building batteries. [CleanTechnica]
- “As Boston Gets On Board, Community Power Compacts Gain Steam” • With the launch of Boston’s new Community Choice Electricity program this month, nearly half of all Massachusetts municipalities are now buying electricity on behalf of their residents. The state’s 168 municipal aggregation programs provide cheaper, greener power. [WWLP]
- “Volkswagen Begins Battery Recycling Pilot Project In Lower Saxony” • At Volkswagen, the quest for in house battery recycling technology began more than a dozen years ago with a doctoral project. Components of lithium ion batteries can be recovered and reused to make new batteries, rather than being incinerated or sent to landfills. [CleanTechnica]
- “Peterborough Energy Action Schedules Outreach Dialogues For Renewable Energy Commitment” • Community dialogues are being scheduled for Peterborough, NH, residents interested in discussing the 2021 warrant article proposing a commitment by the town to 100% renewable energy by 2030 and other energy by 2050. [Monadnock Ledger Transcript]
- “How To Fix Flaring For A Quick Emissions Win” • With the new year and the new presidential administration, climate change is again on the agenda in the US, the world’s largest producer of natural gas. The oil and gas industry has a quick win within reach to cut emissions – by putting out the fire of natural gas flaring. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.