- “A New UN Report Urges A Radical Shift In The Way We Think About Nature” • The UN released a report on the health of the planet that proposes a radical shift in the way we think about it. The report, “Making Peace with Nature,” argues that amid our pursuit of wealth and security, humans must now learn to value the Earth’s basic “natural capital.” [CNN]
- “Eco-Friendly Cruise Ships To Be Powered By Sails” • French shipyard Chantiers de l’Atlantique is planning to construct cruise ships topped by striking 80 meter “eco-friendly” paneled sails, made of fiberglass and carbon. The Solid Sail/AeolDrive concept would reduce cruise emissions by up to 50%, according to the shipyard. [CNN]
- “Ignoring Pandemic, Americans Installed Record Amounts Of Solar And Wind Energy” • The US added a record amount of wind and solar energy in 2020 despite Covid-19, figures from BloombergNEF and Business Council for Sustainable Energy show. Wind and solar power installations soared 61% over 2019, with 33.6 GW added to the grid. [CBS News]
- “£6 Per Month Service For MG Electric Vehicles” • EVs are far less expensive to operate than their counterparts powered by fossil fuels. MG is making this clear by offering a full service plan for electric models in the UK at just £6 a month. So a driver can maintain a vehicle for a small fraction of the cost of drinking a daily cup of coffee. [CleanTechnica]
- “As The US Rejoins The Paris Climate Accord, Fox News Ramps Up Its Climate Misinformation Campaign” • When President Joe Biden sent a letter to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord, Fox News, along with a coterie of right-wing politicians and fossil fuel industry shills, took to dominating the conversation with their denouncements. [Media Matters for America]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.