- “Scientists And Law Professors Urge Biden To Pull Unlawful Endangered Species Act Rules” • Leading scientists and law professors petitionedsd President Joe Biden today to rescind key policies that restrict the government’s consideration of harm to endangered animals by greenhouse gas emissions under the Endangered Species Act. [Harvard Law School News]
- “Vestas Unveils World’s Most Powerful Offshore Wind Turbine” • Vestas, the Danish wind turbine company, announced that it has developed a new offshore wind turbine designed specifically for use in typhoon-prone areas. The company’s V236-15.0 MW will produce 15 MW of electricity, the highest output of any wind turbine in the world. [CleanTechnica]
- “Sacred Cow Documentary Makes An Argument For Better Meat” • The documentary “Sacred Cow” explores the ways that ruminants and well-raised meat can play an important role in solving our climate crisis. The film argues that the real threat to our climate and health is industrially processed food, and cows can have important benefits. [CleanTechnica]
- “Utility-Scale Batteries And Pumped Storage Return About 80% Of The Electricity They Store” • In 2019, the US pumped-storage facilities operated with an average monthly round-trip efficiency of 79%, and the utility-scale battery fleet had an average monthly round-trip efficiency of 82%, according to data from the Energy Information Administration. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla And GM Could Get 400,000 More $7,000 Tax Credits” • Congressional Democrats introduced the Growing Renewable Energy and Efficiency Now Act. If passed, it will help both Tesla and GM by adding 400,000 units that qualify for each. Tesla and GM have already sold too many cars for their customers to benefit from the old credits. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.