Netting Zero: Making 2021 the Year We Break Fossil Fuel Addiction
The Covid-19 crisis collapsed demand for energy, causing record drops in fossil fuel emissions in 2020. But as the world looks toward recovery, can this shock be seized to break the global addiction to fossil fuels, or will the “new normal” end up looking much like the old one? How do we accelerate the rise in renewables to meet urgent global demand throughout the recovery? How will businesses with global operations adapt to support this transformation? And could a green recovery provide the strengthening commitment to climate goals the world so badly needs? Join us on January 19 for the debate.
- Moderator: Ivan Penn, Alternative Energy Reporter, The New York Times
- Nigel Topping, U.K. High-Level Climate Action Champion for COP26
- Mary Anne Hitt, Director, Beyond Coal, Sierra Club
- Salvatore Bernabei, C.E.O., Enel Green Power
- David Hardy, C.E.O. of Offshore North America, Ørsted
- Jessica Matthews, C.E.O., Uncharted Power
- Kingsmill Bond, Energy Strategist, Carbon Tracker
Tuesday, January 19
1:30 p.m. E.T.
10:30 a.m. P.T.
6:30 p.m. B.S.T.
7:30 p.m. C.E.T.