- “East Bay Community Energy Aims For 100% Clean Energy By 2030” • East Bay Community Energy committed to providing nearly 1.7 million local customers with 100% renewable energy in the next decade, 15 years ahead of California’s target date. EBCE is one of the largest US electricity providers to commit to 100% renewables in ten years. [Pleasanton Weekly]
- “States And Cities Are Driving Climate And Clean Energy Progress” • A third of the people in the US now live in states or cities that are committed to 100% clean electricity. And the role of states, cities, and communities as climate leaders will continue to be vital even as President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris take the helm. [CleanTechnica]
- “CityHawk eVTOL Gets Off The Ground Following Initial Orders” • Israeli tech firm Urban Aeronautics has encouraging news. It said it received a pre-order for four of its innovative hydrogen fuel-cell powered eVTOL vehicles from Hatzolah Air, a company that specializes in developing helicopters and other aircraft for EMS applications. [CleanTechnica]
- “Norway Hits Record 87% Plug-in EV Share And 66% Pure Electrics In December” • Norway, the most advanced auto market for electromobility, saw records broken in December, with 87.1% market share for plugin electric vehicles. Of these, over two-thirds were pure EVs, and non-hybrid combustion vehicles fell to just 7.5% market share. [CleanTechnica]
- “EPA Halts Efforts to Clean Up Unsafe Levels of Ozone Smog” • In defiance of science and the law, the EPA attempted to halt 50 years of progress delivered by the Clean Air Act. It delivered a gift to polluters, leaving the federal limit for ozone pollution at its current, inadequate, unsafe level and putting the health of tens of millions of people at risk. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.