- “Biden Signed Two Executive Orders And A Memorandum Wednesday. Here’s What They Do” • President Joe Biden issued an executive order directing a number of actions on the Climate Crisis and an executive order establishing a Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. In addition, he issued a memorandum designed to ensure scientific integrity. [CNN]
- “Major Milestone For World’s Biggest Solar Project” • Plans to develop a 10-GW solar farm to export electricity to Singapore through a submarine transmission link continue to gather steam. The Northern Territory Government and Sun Cable signed the Project Development Agreement. The project will also have 30 GW of storage. [pv magazine Australia]
- “Tesla’s Had 83% Increase In Energy Storage Deployments In 2020” • In its most recent earnings report, Tesla noted that its energy storage deployments grew from 2019 to 2020. “For the first time, our total battery deployments surpassed 3 GWh in a single year, which is an 83% increase compared to the prior year,” Tesla’s report stated. [CleanTechnica]
- “Solar Yacht Manufacturer To Feature VW’s MEB Modular E-Drive System” • When thinking of Volkswagen, yachts probably don’t dome to mind, but that may be changing soon. VW entered a new partnership with a solar yacht manufacturer, Silent-Yachts, to incorporate VW’s MEB electric drive system into its newest model, the Silent Yacht 50. [CleanTechnica]
- “Nextera To Add Up To 30G W New Renewables In Next 4 Years” • NextEra expects to build about 23-30 GW of renewables between 2021 and 2024, including 12.15 to 17.3 GW in 2023 to 2024. It is “by far the largest expected two-year development program in our history,” CEO Jim Robo said Tuesday during the company’s Q4 2020 earnings call. [Utility Dive]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.