- “Scotland Banks On Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains For Zero Emission Railway By 2035” • Scotland set a 2035 decarbonization goal for its passenger rail system last summer. Electrification may be the weapon of choice, but squeezing diesel out of the picture is not simple. Now they’re moving in for the kill with hydrogen powered fuel cell trains. [CleanTechnica]
- “Why Trump Failed To Derail National Climate Assessment” • The Trump administration’s failure to soften or bury the climate assessment shows the resilience of federal climate science despite Trump’s efforts to impede it. This article is based on interviews with current and former government officials and others familiar with the process. [Minneapolis Star Tribune]
- “Why Shares Of Plug Power Jumped 29% In December” • The year is ending the year on a bullish note for Plug Power, as shares rose 29% in December, data from S&P Global Market Intelligence shows. Plug Power is a fuel cell leader, and it stayed red hot as it capped off 2020, a year in which shareholders saw an increase of 973% in the stock price. [Motley Fool]
- “Tesla Opens World’s Largest Supercharging Station – 72 Stalls!” • Tesla China has one success after another, blazing a path to sustainable transportation. There are now about 650 charging stations in China, with 150 added in December alone. And the largest of these is a Tesla Supercharger Station in Shanghai, with 72 stalls. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla Hiring Battery Engineers In North Carolina And Semi Truck Engineers In Nevada” • Job openings may not be product roadmaps, but recent Tesla job openings imply that Tesla may be preparing for battery production plans in North Carolina and Semi production plans in Nevada. We have some other clues on those matters, too. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.