- “New York’s $306 Billion 2021 Infrastructure Plan – Largest In Nation” • New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced his state’s 2021 infrastructure plan. It is the largest such plan in the nation, with an expected cost of $306 billion. It includes a lot of support for climate-friendly transportation solutions. Here is a quick look focusing on them. [CleanTechnica]
- “Cutting Emissions To Zero CAN Halt Climate Change In Our Lifetimes” • Buried under doomsday predictions on climate change, there is newer information from Michael Mann, the distinguished climate scientist. It turns out that if we cut to zero emissions, he tells us, the warming would continue, but only for a few years. [CleanTechnica]
- “Oil Giant Splits From Powerful Lobbying Group Over Climate Change” • The American Petroleum Institute, the largest and most powerful US oil lobby, is losing one of its biggest members over a disagreement about addressing the climate crisis. Total, the French oil giant announced that it is quitting the API because of the lobby’s stances on climate issues. [CNN]
- “Massachusetts Governor Vetoes Climate And Clean Energy Bill” • Gov Charlie Baker vetoed sweeping climate legislation, which would have set ambitious environmental, social, and clean energy goals. A bill summary of S.229, “An Act Creating a Next-Generation Roadmap for Massachusetts Climate Policy,” laid out several key provisions. [pv magazine USA]
- “Oil Graduates Aren’t Finding Jobs” • “Did you ever hear of a solar panel?” That’s the question Sabrina Burns, a petroleum engineering student got from an Uber driver in 2018. She and some fellow students were headed to a petroleum industry banquet, and at the time it seemed a little silly. Now, they can’t find jobs in the industry. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.