- “NREL And Project Partners Team-Up To Advance Species Conservation And Wind Energy Deployment” • The National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Defenders of Wildlife have a nine-part webinar series to help familiarize stakeholders with the nuances of land-based wind energy development in the context of species conservation. [CleanTechnica]
- “What Is GM’s New Logo And Ad Campaign Actually About?” • General Motors debuted its “Everybody In” marketing campaign and redesigned GM logo in a private briefing for automotive and advertising reporters. They want to convince stakeholders that the company is truly serious about accelerating mass adoption of electric vehicles. [CleanTechnica]
- “What Would It Take To Run A City On 100% Clean Energy?” • Today, more than 170 US cities and towns have promised to shift their power supply from coal and natural gas to solar, wind, and hydropower. But can 100% renewable cities actually be 100% renewable? The reality is a bit complicated. And it reveals the challenges of decarbonization. [WIRED]
- “Volkswagen Powers Transport Ships With Biodiesel From GoodFuels” • Volkswagen is continuing its push to lower carbon emissions from all its operations, including the ocean going ships that deliver is vehicles to foreign markets. As a partnership with Goodfuels begins, the car carrier Patara has been fueled with 100% GoodFuels Bio-Fuel Oil. [CleanTechnica]
- “Advanced Energy Sector Continues Growth Trajectory” • The advanced energy sector expanded in 2020, and its growth is expected to continue into 2021 as the energy industry transitions to renewables. “You can’t put this genie back in the bottle,” said Stephanie Osborne, executive director for Arkansas Advanced Energy Association. [KATV]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.