- “QuantumScape Releases Performance Data On Its Solid-State Battery Technology” • For almost a decade, QuantumScape, based in San Jose, California, has been working to perfect the solid-state lithium battery, replacing the electrolyte with a thin strip of metal. Now, QuantumScape has released performance data for its lithium metal battery. [CleanTechnica]
- “Zero Labs Reveals Universal EV Platform For Classic Car Conversions” • After more than five years in extensive R&D, Zero Labs has unveiled its most disruptive product yet. It’s a fully realized electric vehicle platform, called a skateboard, to turn a classic car, truck, or SUV into a thoroughly modern, thoroughly electric vehicle. [CleanTechnica]
- “Irish West Coast ‘Can Become 70-GW Offshore Hub’” • Up to 70 GW of offshore wind could be generated off the west coast of Ireland to make the country a net exporter of power and provide a huge boost to the local supply chain, according to a study. It says the Atlantic Seas have massive untapped potential, mainly for floating windpower. [reNEWS]
- “Ending UK’s Climate Emissions Is ‘Affordable,’ Say Official Advisers” • The UK Climate Change Committee’s analysis found that the future cost savings from no longer having to buy oil and gas almost offsets the £50 billion-a-year investment needed in low-carbon power, transport and home heating across the next three decades. [The Guardian]
- “GE Renewable Energy Announces Signing US Blade Recycling Contract With Veolia” • GE Renewable Energy signed a contract with Veolia North America to recycle blades removed from its US-based onshore turbines during upgrades and repowering efforts. Veolia will process the blades for use as a raw material for cement. [Global Banking And Finance Review]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.