- “Energy At Largest Air Force Base in US “Suddenly” Drops 35%” • The Commander-in-Chief has written off climate change, but the US Armed Services sure haven’t. In the latest development, the US Air Force is tooting its own horn for ripping the title of #1 energy consumer off the nameplate of the sprawling Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma. [CleanTechnica]
- “Chevrolet Electric Connect And Cruise Package To Debut At SEMA 360” • Do you have a great old car with a bad old engine? The performance people at Chevrolet see the value of engine swaps and created a whole new business unit called Connect and Cruise with its mission to make converting a gas-burner to EV as close to plug and play as possible. [CleanTechnica]
- “How Joe Biden May Have Outmaneuvered Donald Trump On Energy, Climate, And The Economic Recovery” • President Trump thought he had hit the jackpot during the debate when his opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden, declared that he would “transition away from the oil industry.” His reaction points to a basic misunderstanding of the issue. [TIME]
- “New Satellites Can Pinpoint Methane Leaks To Help Us Beat Climate Change” • Dial down methane, and you’ll see results by the time Greta Thunberg can get a PhD. “Dramatically reducing or even zeroing industry CH₄ emissions should be a no-brainer,” says Gabrielle Pétron, a NOAA affiliate research scientist. New satellites can help with that. [Popular Science]
- “Eco Wave Power Enters MOU Regarding Wave Energy Array In Vietnam” • Eco Wave Power announced that it had signed an agreement with MSMART Future Technology on development of a 50-MW wave energy array in Vietnam. After an in-depth feasibility study, the companies will work on a joint venture in Vietnam. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.