- “Coronavirus: Donald Trump And Melania Test Positive” • US President Donald Trump has said he and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for coronavirus and are now in quarantine. The president, aged 74 and therefore in a high-risk group, announced the news in a tweet. “We will get through this together,” he wrote. [BBC]
- “China’s Largest Solar-Plus-Storage Project Goes Online” • China’s largest solar-plus-storage project has been connected to the grid. How big is it? It’s 2.2 GW. Sungrow, the #1 suppliers of inverters for renewable energy projects, shared the news of the new record. The project was developed by Huanghe Hydropower Development. [CleanTechnica]
- “September In Norway Goes Off The Charts – Record Plugin Vehicle Market Share Of 82%” • Electric vehicle pioneer Norway saw a massive 81.6% plugin electric vehicle market share of the overall market in September, with almost 62% being pure electric vehicles. Best sellers included the new VW ID.3, the Tesla Model 3, and Polestar 2. [CleanTechnica]
- “Judge Kicks William Pendley Out Of Illegal Role As Trump’s Bureau Of Land Management Acting Director” • A federal judge ruled that the Bureau of Land Management’s acting director held his job illegally and had to be removed. The Interior Secretary kept him in charge by merely changing his title. But many things he has done could be challenged. [CleanTechnica]
- “Hurricane Seasons Are Worsening Due To The Climate Crisis” • The warmer the water temperatures, the more heat energy is available, and the higher the potential is for devastating cyclonic storms to develop. As humans continue to release greenhouse gases, the likelihood of hurricane activity increases, with greater damage and loss of life. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.